Monday, June 10, 2013

Non-Fiction Speech Therapy

Picture of the Day for 6/8/2013. This is a case of speech therapy imitating life. My sister Robynne and I just finished editing the "R" tongue twisters for the soon-to-be-published Tongue Twisters for the R and S Sounds book. One tongue twister reads, "Greta’s great-grandma groaned at Greta’s gross grammar." There’s a speech bubble over Greta’s head that illustrates the poor grammar Greta is using. The phrase “Let I in! Let I in!” is one I actually used as a tiny little girl when I asked for someone to open the backdoor to let me back in after I had been playing outside. It tickled my mother to no end that her little girl who used such poor grammar (and didn't learn to talk until she was three-years-old) ended up being an English major who would go on to teach English at the University of Utah for nearly 10 years.



No comments:

Post a Comment