Thursday, February 23, 2017

Guns 101 Class at Sleuthfest 2017

Picture of the Day for February 23, 2017. I'm back in Florida for the annual Sleuthfest (conference for published and wannabe mystery authors) hosted by the Florida Chapter of Mystery Writers of America. I wasn't sure I was going to be able to make it between eye surgeries and work, but I managed to work it out. Yay! Today I attended my friend Al's Guns 101 class in the forensics track of the conference. In addition to having classes on writing and getting published, the Sleuthfest organizers also bring in experts in the field so people writing about things like police procedures will get it right. Al teaches at least one course every year and every year it's a different topic. This year, as the session title would imply, his topic was on guns. He gave a very interesting history of guns and a comprehensive overview of the various types of firearms and ammunition. I got a kick out the guy talking to Al after the session. He was from Europe and not a fan of guns at all, but he was definitely fascinated by them. This guy had the most follow-up questions for Al.

No comments:

Post a Comment