Saturday, February 11, 2017

Good-Bye Cora

Picture of the Day for February 11, 2017. My bird Cora lost her mate, Malcolm, a few months ago. I came home from work one day and he was dead as could be on the bottom of the cage. Cora was understandably freaked out and has been one very lonely bird ever since. When she started pulling out her feathers last week, I knew it was time to find her a new home since I didn't want to get a new bird to keep her company. It's kind of hard to have pets when you travel so much. I was always having to haul the birds over to my sister's house when I went away for more than a day. I found a pet shop that was recommended to me that would take Cora. She's a pretty thing, but she and I have never been particularly fond of each other. I have to admit though, I shed a tear or too when I handed her over. Stupid bird for making me cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment