Monday, December 21, 2015

Another Visit with Betty and John

Picture of the Day for 12/21/2015. Have a lovely Christmas visit at Betty and John Gundersen's house. They are neighbors from around the corner whom I have known and loved my entire life. They are also fellow Norwegians which automatically makes them special.

They served me herbal tea with honey along with homemade Bakkels which are a traditional Norwegian cookie. They showed me a picture album of the two years they spent in Norway about 20 years ago. I loved every single photo. The landscape was beautiful of course and it was fun to see all the places they lived and worked while they were there on a church mission. 

Before I left, Betty and John sang a traditional Norwegian Christmas carol for me (pictured below). It was so charming. For me, this felt like when Christmas really began. So much fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment