Thursday, December 3, 2015

5 Second Rule Pays Off

Picture of the Day for 12/3/2015.  Last month I blogged about the Mel Robbins Ted talk on YouTube that made quite an impression on me. One of the things Robbins said was that whenever you have a thought about something you need/want to do, do it within 5 seconds of having that thought or else you won't get around to it. 

A few days ago I was thinking about my former neighbor, Diana, who (whom?) I hadn't seen in months. So having Robbins' voice in my head, I texted Diana within 5 seconds of thinking of her. Turned out to be fortuitous. I thought she had moved away out of state, never to be seen again, but it turns out she and her husband were back in town for a few days clearing out their house that just sold. Diana told me she had something she wanted to give to me before leaving and could I come over for a visit? Wow.

I went over for my visit tonight and Diana gave me some space memorabilia from the1960s when her father worked for the defense contractors involved with the space program. She had come across the memorabilia as she was cleaning out the house. I was glad to receive these items of course, but I was even more pleased I got the opportunity to say good-bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment