Saturday, November 10, 2012

Vehicle Assembly Building

Picture of the Day for 10/1/2012. My nerdy space conference starts tomorrow, but I arrived early specifically so I could go on a tour of the Vehicle Assembly Building on the grounds of the Kennedy Space Center. Today is the last day the space shuttle Atlantis will be residing there before it is moved to its new home at the visitor center complex. I’ve always wanted to see inside the Vehicle Assembly Building which was forbidden during the shuttle program years. It’s a fascinating building- I highly recommend checking out this link for more details.

Here are some pictures of the building (exterior and interior).

 
And here are some pictures of the space shuttle Atlantis. My tour guide laughed when I squealed upon getting my first up close glimpse of the shuttle. In case you’re wondering- it is entirely possible for a 49-year-old woman to squeal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment