Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Cute Vampire

Picture of the Day for 10/31/2012. I'm stealing my niece Chantal's photos of her kids dressed in their Halloween costumes for my picture(s) of the day.

Sadie insisted that she's a scary vampire, NOT a cute vampire.
I forwarded this picture to a friend and mentioned that with her sweet freckled face, she was not only cute, but the CUTEST vampire I've ever seen. He said, "You're so rude. Tell her she scared the snot out of me." I forwarded the message to Sadie's mother, Chantal, who said, "Good form! As well he should be scared! She's full of blood. She told mom (my sister Paula) she sucked the blood out of all the trick or treaters!"

Hayley dressed up like a Greek goddess and looked beautiful.

And the boys dressed up like Star Wars characters of course! They look pretty fearsome.
 

I spent the day traveling to Florida so no Halloween activities for me. I sat next to a little boy on the plane who was headed to Disney World where he was going to be dressed up like a zombie football player. He asked me what my costume was going to be and I sadly had to admit I wouldn't have one. He said, "Oh, you're just going to dress up like yourself then." Yep. I didn't tell him that I can be pretty scary on my own- without a costume!

One of my buddies who had flown in to Florida from Australia today as well was telling me how she parked herself in a neighborhood so she could observe the American tradition of Trick of Treating firsthand since they don't celebrate Halloween in Australia. She was filming the kids so she could show the video to her friends back in Australia. Of course that caught the attention of some protective moms who calmed down once she explained where she was from and what she was doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment