Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Sugar Fiend


Picture of the Day for 4/26/2011. I'm a certified sugar fiend. It's definitely an inherited preference. My 89-year-old father who is bed-ridden in his nursing home and for the past several months has refused to eat much of anything still perks up when a sugary treat is offered to him. The nurses keep a daily log of my dad's health status and activities. I was amused to read recently that my dad requested Dr. Pepper and ice cream for breakfast which the nurses happily provided to him. That's the proper attitude. When you've reached that venerable age, you should be able to go wild and eat whatever you want. I'm still young enough that I'm trying to rein in the sugar consumption. At least my latest candy obsession, the 3 Musketeers Truffle Crisp Bar, only has 170 calories.

No comments:

Post a Comment